Thursday, September 10, 2020

Sara Treat School

 A year and a half ago, I was feeling tired and stressed by school.  It often happens in the spring.  Some of my students were being a bit naughty...mostly just really talkative ...and I was just so tired.  One day I was in the midst of teaching when my classroom door opens...and there is my dearest friend Sara.  She came in and gave me a little gift bag and told my students that she was my friend and that they were so lucky to have me as their teacher and that they should listen to me and then she gave me a quick hug and left.  She had driven across town...about 30-40 minutes each way...just to drop off a bag of treats with a note of encouragement.  It meant so much!


Then last school year, Sara and Laurel drove across town to bring me a Fizz drink and cookie.  I appreciated the treats both times...but far more than the treat, I am so grateful to have friends that are so willing to go out of their way to show love to me.


LESSONS LEARNED:  When you love someone, you are willing to show it in ways that may require some sacrifice.


"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."  --James M. Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment