Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Delivery Bright Tears

 A dear friend's granddaughter has been experiencing some really difficult challenges.  I've been praying for my friend, her daughter and her granddaughter.  I've wondered if there were anything more I could do than to pray.  Yesterday shortly after I awoke, I had the feeling I should have cookies delivered to their home.  I know my friend's daughter and granddaughter but not well. So I texted my friend and asked if I could get their address.  She gave it to me and I ordered the cookies online and went on with my day.

Last night I received a text from my friend that said, "Thank you from my whole heart.  You were a perfect example of needed service to my daughter today.  She may have cried....💓"


I replied that I knew cookies weren't going to make everything easier or better.  But I hoped it made the day just a little brighter.   And I expressed my love.

She replied, "That is EXACTLY what it did.  Warmed a heart after a very hard week.  I appreciate and love you for so many things, but for today, loving my family."


LESSONS LEARNED:  It took me less than 5 minutes to act on this thought and while it didn't solve their problems, it made them feel cared for and noticed.  

D & C 64:33 "33 Wherefore, be not aweary in bwell-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of csmall things proceedeth that which is great."  Simple things can make a difference.


Alma 37: 6-7 Now ye may suppose that this is afoolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by bsmall and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by ameans to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very bsmall means the Lord doth cconfound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment