Friday, September 18, 2020

Rasband Last Days

 In his talk in April 2020 conference, Elder Rasband said, "By divine design, ancient prophets of God, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost, prophesied of the Restoration and what was to come in our day, the last dispensation and the fulness of times. The very work “fired the souls” of the early seers.1 Through generations of time, they foretold, dreamed, envisioned, and prophesied of the future of God’s kingdom on earth, what Isaiah called “a marvellous work and a wonder.” 


 I loved those words “by divine design” and I felt something beautiful go through me as I thought about all these ancient prophets having visions of OUR day.  Seeing us.  Seeing the things happening around us.   It makes so much sense that they would prophesy of Christ returning and I know that is why our day is so important. But it really is incredible that these valiant leaders dreamed about and wrote about these days. That B of M prophets put in the effort to engrave plates of gold--not for themselves, but for us. That Heavenly Father knew that we were strong and valiant enough to live now.  Sometimes it is hard to imagine/believe that He sees ME that way.  And sometimes I would prefer to live in a less chaotic time.   But it also sends feelings of excitement into my soul to know that He trusts us to prepare the world for the Second Coming. That is pretty amazing to ponder!

The righteous woman's strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times." - Spencer W. Kimball said.  That's encouraging and exciting.

LESSONS LEARNED:  I am meant to live in these days.


I have the strength to withstand the trials I face--if I put my trust in Christ.


These are miraculous and long-foretold times.  What a blessing and a miracle to live now!

No comments:

Post a Comment