Monday, September 14, 2020

First Day Cookie

2020 has been unusual.  Last week, school ended up being cancelled all week because so many people didn't have power after the wind storm.  So today was (finally) my first day of school...3 weeks after my kids started.  And it was the most unusual first day ever as it was all remote and there were a few technology hiccups to deal with.  Overall it was a pretty good day and nothing terrible happened.  But I was touched that a couple of parents sent emails to thank me for making the first day pleasant and engaging.  And in the midst of my morning, my doorbell suddenly rang.  I got my class busy on something and told them I'd be back in 30 seconds but needed to answer my door.  I ran to the door--and no one was there.  But there was a box with a Crumbl cookie inside.

Some anonymous friend (I think I know who it was by the handwriting) left me a cookie on the front porch to celebrate school finally starting.  

I so often have people extend kindness to me...dropping off treats or writing me notes or serving me in some way...far more often than I merit.  It's probably a lot like the grace and mercy of God...it is extended to me so much more readily, easily and often than I deserve.  But I am so grateful.   Grateful for kindnesses offered that remind me that I am loved.  Grateful that people notice what is happening in my life and stop to let me know that they are aware (even when it's nothing bad) and that they care.  Grateful for the continual reminders that God loves me and is mindful of me...which often come through the goodness of others. Grateful that so many people don't surpress their generous thoughts.  Grateful that the mercy and goodness of God is so all encompassing and so generous and so overflowing.

LESSONS LEARNED:  Pay attention to what is happening in others' lives.
Be God's hands on the Earth by demonstrating His love for others through small acts of kindness.
Do good continually.
D&C 64: 33 "Wherefore, be not aweary in bwell-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of csmall things proceedeth that which is great."  (If I am right about which friend delivered this, then she is one who does not seem to weary of doing good.)

Helaman 5:7 "Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good,"

No comments:

Post a Comment